Rewarding and Challenging
Metrix Group has cultivated a fun and rewarding work culture that attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Metrix Group employees are encouraged to participate in some of our out-side-work activities like archery, go karting, mini golf and well; whatever takes our interest. We like to celebrate our wins, recognize success and reward those who go above and beyond. We believe that the key to our success lies in the heart of upskilling our employees.
Metrix Group is an Australian based company that specialises in the design and manufacture of architectural building facades. Metrix Group have an in-house training program that offers training on all aspects of the sales, design and production processes.
ABOUT THE METRIX GROUP INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS
Our exclusive 12-month training program will give you a thorough understanding and employable experience across all parts of the business including Sales, IT, Engineering, Drafting, Design and Programming. Programs are designed to equip you with the necessary skills to drive your future career along with ongoing mentoring, peer support and professional development. You will learn how to operate different types of Computer Numerically Controlled Equipment (CNC), create programs, draft products for manufacture, get your forklift license or follow the sales journey with our marketing team to generate architectural specification that flows through the sales funnel, finishing with our financial team. Candidates that successfully finish the course receive a certificate of competency listing all the skills that they have acquired throughout the program. Selected candidates also have the opportunity for further advanced training to stay on board as a full-time employee.
What's In It For Me?
For students studying Certificate of Design, Building Design, Architecture, Drafting or Engineering – you’ll get real-life, quantifiable skills to make you more employable and career ready.
- Gain industry experience to make yourself career ready.
- Get paid to do a role within the area of your studies.
- Competitive rates to other part time job (that will not give you experience).
- Work with exceptional people that are market leaders within the industry.
- Work on high impact, meaningful and purpose led driven projects.
- Client exposure and multiple networking opportunities.
- In-house training program and mentoring to expand your skillsets.
You’re eligible for our program if you are a student within the disciplines of Building Design, Architectural design and Industrial Design.
Metrix Group Recruitment Process
Step One | Application
Submit a cover letter addressing the position you wish to apply for. Make sure you cover off the topics below:
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Cover letter outlining your motivations for working with Metrix Group
- A strong work ethic and passion for design
- The ability to demonstrate working creatively, under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt and be versatile
- Willingness to be a hands-on team member
- Resume stating your volunteer, work and education experience / academic results
- Certificates and Licenses
Step Two | Video Interview
You will be notified by email as to whether you have been selected to participate in this process. In this stage, candidates will have to answer a series of questions through a one-way interviewing system. Take time to research and prepare, this can be more challenging than it appears.
Step Three | Final Interview
At this stage, a one-on-one interview is scheduled with the Director or the Lead or your potential Team Leader. This will give your interviewers the chance to learn more about you and for you to learn more about the company and the people you could be working with.
Step One | Outcome
You will be notified by Metrix Group via phone or by email as to the suitability of your application. All candidates who progress to the 3rd stage will receive feedback on their application. If you have not heard back from us, your application is still under review.